Tuesday, 16 August 2016

(CASE) this sketch! #185


Love this sketch from Leigh Penner for the week and just had to play along over at (CASE) this sketch! Enough said. I finally used my Altenew Peony Bouquet set. I've owned the stamps for a little while but only got the dies last week because they've been out of stock everywhere for the longest time. Since I am so bad at masking, I really did need the dies. :) Like all Altenew sets, quite difficult but so worth it. I actually prefer the smaller (gorgeous/unique) images in this set to the large peony flower.


I couldn't decide whether to leave it like this or to add a bird from a set I no longer own, but happened to have a stamped die cut of in my stash (Papertrey Ink Winter Woods) ...


I think both cards sort of look like botanical illustrations, but the bird adds more of that look, and I kind of like the red tones he adds to the card. But it is less CAS with him. Is it only papercrafters who are so indecisive (at least I am)?!!

I did the sentiment on my computer (kisses & hugs in French; I always say hugs & kisses in English, but the opposite in French) and Minc'd it with Therm O Web Deco Foil in a gorgeous colour, Emerald Watercolor, so beautiful in person, with lots of subtlety, not brash in any way ...


That's it for me. Thanks for the fun challenge! Edited to add that I was the ...

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps/Dies - Altenew Peony Bouquet, PTI Winter Woods
Ink - Altenew Lavender Fields; PTI Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Melon Berry, Canyon Clay, Amethyst Allure, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, New Leaf

18 comments:

  1. your card is so pretty, Diana - and I think it's perfect without the bird, but then I'm always going for "less is more".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me Oh my!!! This is Amazing!
    Love both looks, but yes, also being a kind of less is more girl, I would prefer the one without the bird :)
    The foiled sentiment makes i extra special!

    Thanks for joining CTS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Diana! Love those flowers and the soft colors that you used on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Diana! I love how you did the flowers from right to left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for trying our Deco Foil for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is just gorgeous! I'm trying to decide if I like it better with or without the bird. Can't decide, they both look amazing! Beautiful! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are both fantastic,Diana! I love your gorgeous take on the sketch! I haven't looked at this set too closely, because I wasn't fond of the large flowers, but I love how you used the smaller blooms and leaves and those berries are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Diana ......you make the most gorgeous cards!!!!! Wow this is so beautiful!!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Diana!! Love your colors and your placement!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Diana! Those flowers and bird are beautiful! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I, too, have this set and prefer using the smaller images ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Félicitations pour cette jolie première place.
    Ta carte est superbe !
    Bisous et calins 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats at winner at CASe this sketch. Your card is a stunner

    ReplyDelete
  14. J'ai découvert ta superbe carte sur CTS, elle mérite bien la 1ère place! J'aime aussi beaucoup la version avec l'oiseau!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on winning with this stunning card Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, Diana! CONGRATULATIONS, on your winning card!
    I love the pretty colors you used.
    Fabulous take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Diana! We would love to have you come guest design with us at CAS(E) this Sketch but I could not find a way to email or contact you on your blog. If you are interested, please email me through my profile or through the link on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog. We'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful card. Love the way you have highlighted the smaller images from this great set!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.