Saturday, 27 August 2016

Cover Plate Tags

Joining along for this week's Make It Monday, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog. Laurie Willison is showing us how to use cover plates to stretch our supplies and create fun tags.

Since tags are so quick to make, I didn't stop at just one. First up some simple little pumpkin tags, thanks to my sweet Papertrey Forum friend, Sandy. She heard me bemoaning the fact that I didn't own any pumpkins stamps and surprised me yesterday by sending me a little package filled with these darling die cuts. I love them and will be hoarding them. :)

Paper - PTI Classic Kraft. Stamps/Dies - PTI Scent-imentals, Cover Plate: Diagonal Stripes, Folded Tag.

Next a couple of cute Halloween tags for the kiddos when the time comes ...

Paper - PTI Orange Zest, Pure Black, Amethyst Allure. Stamps - PTI Keep It Simple: Halloween. Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow; Versamark. Dies - PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Halloween Pin-Ups (along with printed paper), Tag Sale #10, Cover Plate: Night Sky. Other - SSS Detail White embossing powder.

And lastly, a wine bottle tag for a dinner hostess ...



Paper - PTI Classic Kraft. Dies - PTI Wine Bottle Tag, Cover Plate: Diagonal Stripes, Wonderful Words Die Collection, Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Autumn (with patterned papers).

My favourite way to use Cover Plates is tone-on-tone. I love the texture they can add to a project - it's like embossing on steroids!



13 comments:

  1. Wow, Diana, you really did those little pumpkins justice! When you run out, I could always send you a few more so you don't have to hoard! You've been busy since those grands left! All of your tags are "over the top!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tags! Love the idea to do tone on tone for the die cuts... I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, you've outdone yourself with these tags. The pumpkins are simple but elegant looking, the Halloween pin-ups adorable and the wine tag perfect with just a few hints of Fall colors. Kraft on Kraft looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Diana...I am totally in love with ALL of your tags! Your pumpkin tags are CAS perfection, your Halloween pin up tags are so cool that I totally want to CASE them, and your wine tag is just fabulous! You outdid yourself girl!! Love them all!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, Diana! Great tags, and full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tags! I especially love the Halloween ones, and the gorgeous tone-on-tone gratitude tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just great tags! I love the wine tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful takes on the technique, Diana! My favourite is the wine bottle tag -- it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohh, Diana, these are fun Halloween and Thanksgiving tags. Great wine bottle gifty idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, these are all so wonderful! I love the tone on tone embossed look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun variety of tags. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your wine bottle tags, Diana !!!

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with your cute tags using the halloween pin-ups! I've been trying to think of new uses for them and LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.