Sunday, 21 August 2016

Create Along With Us: August 2016

I'm playing along with this month's Create Along With Us, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. There were so many Design Team projects that inspired me - it was almost impossible to choose. But somehow I managed.


  1.  Betsy Veldman.
  2.  See above. These were the two projects that I was most inspired by and that  I created cards for.
  3.  Kay Miller. This was my most favourite card of the entire release, but I  didn't have time to CASE it. :(  As soon as my teacup arrives, I will remedy  that situation.
You know how many cardmakers (myself included) often say that you can't have too many florals? I think I might have too many. Why else did I see that first card from Betsy and immediately think of making a floral Halloween card?!!

Paper - PTI Orange Zest, Rustic White; Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper. Stamps - PTI Color Pop: Florals kit, Keep It Simple: Halloween. Ink - PTI Amethyst Allure, Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado, Smokey Shadow; Altenew Midnight Violet; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet. Dies - PTI Color Pop: Florals kit, Don't Forget to Write kit, Quilted Tag.

The fact that I don't have many autumn stamps might also have played a factor. We usually go away on vacation in the fall (smaller crowds, cheaper!) so I don't do a lot of Halloween crafting.


My second card is an eco-green Christmas/seasonal card ....

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft. Stamps - PTI Spruce & Sprigs, Enclosed: Bell. Ink - PTI Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft. Dies - PTI Spruce & Sprigs, Tinsel & Tags kit, Scene It: Basic Baker; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles. Other - Plaid Liquid Leaf Classic Gold paint.

I love stamping on coloured cardstock, in this case Classic Kraft. It adds some variety to my life. The Tinsel & Tags bow (pick up from one of Kay's other projects this month) on this card was painted with Liquid Leaf and it's yummy in real life, not as flashy as foiled cardstock so it goes along with my "green" theme better. :)

14 comments:

  1. I have never made a pretty Halloween card...you did! It is lovely.
    those flowers look amazing peeking out from behind the frame.
    Your second card is lovely, too. Stamping on colored card stock add such depth. I never do it, but I love seeing it. I need to start!
    Great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love how you didn't mess around with light colors on that first card! Orange background paper makes this so fun! Your second kraft beauty would be wonderful for any of our fall holidays and Christmas! Stamping on colored card stock reminds me of Dawn's color eye too and a reminder to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, you always surprise and delight! The very first and hardest thing to choose at release time, is just one of the fabulous designers' creations. Love anything 'Betsy', and ALL things 'Kay'. So I know the dilemma! 2 beautiful fall creations, love everything about the both, completely swooning over the 2nd! Yummy toffee colors! (Please excuse the food reference, just means I'm hungry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a floral Halloween card...SO pretty Diana! And your kraft Christmas card is fabulous...totally in love with it! Beautiful, beautiful cards Diana!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana,
    Your process for how you chose the cards that inspired you was very insightful. Your cards are both very beautiful and at opposite ends of the spectrum too - one bold and bright, and the other classic and subtle. Love your creativity!
    I can't wait to try the gold leaf. It's wonderful here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely,lovely cards. You do such gorgeous work, my friend. Can't wait to see your teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the floral Halloween card and your non-traditional Christmas card is beautiful too.
    PS: I will never get tired of seeing your amazing flower cards, Diana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, Diana, did you blend ink on your beautiful frame on card #1? Your colorful Halloween card is spot on for Betsy's decorated tin, and flowers can definitely fit in the Fall category. You just proved it. Your second card is so stunning...even if it's Eco-green. Fabulous work on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just when I've committed to NOT buying a thing for the next month ... besides a house ... I'd love every. single. one. of these glorious inks! Perhaps Christmas? Gorgeous creations, Diana!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh your cards are magnificent!!! I love the floral halloween card! You can most certainly do a floral one! I love the idea! Your second card is so pretty! I love the colors, and yes, that bow... that bow might be my favorite stamp in the world! I love it! Thanks for picking my cards as your favorite :) I'm honored!! We vacation in the fall too... much nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the Kraft card you made here! The DT cards were gorgeous as always but I confess, fall always make me think of Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, both cards are simply beautiful.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first card is so striking, but the second one with neutral colors is my favorite! Gonna have to try & case it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.