Monday, 1 August 2016

Friendly Bird

I'm playing along today with CAS(E) this sketch #183 where Chrissy Larson designed a fun little sketch for this week ...


It's a quick and easy card from me this time, just to get my week started after a very busy Grandson Baseball weekend. I don't think I've ever followed a sketch so closely in my life. I just felt like stamping with my much neglected Spring Woods set from Papertrey Ink :)


Edited to add: I was a CAS(E) this sketch favourite. Thanks so much!

Supplies:

Paper - Strathmore Bristol Smooth
Stamps - PTI Spring Woods
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Fossilized Amber, Blueprint Sketch; PTI Bright Buttercup, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow
Dies - PTI Spring Woods; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles

8 comments:

  1. Diana!!! Yay! So wonderful to see you in our CTS gallery ... and with such a gorgeous creation! LOve that little Finch, and your swooshes of color are the perfect sky! Do play cards with us again, soon?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so perfect, Diana! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful this is! You've captured the look of the goldfinch perfectly. He looks so handsome sitting on the branch and the colorful background is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Card, Diana and i like your Color choice !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the sketch your own, Diana. Those strokes of color are the perfect backdrop for the goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bird integrates the rest of the card well! The strokes make a great background! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, I just had to stop by and thank you for your comment on my blog this morning! Made me spill my tea, I laughed so hard! You tell Mr. Grumpy Pants that this is a big deal and I want some sincerity! haha! Seriously though, THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love Kay's comment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.