Friday, 12 August 2016

Grounding Images with Sentiments

I'm playing along again this week over at Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge. Lexi Daly is showing us how useful sentiments can be to ground our stamped images. I just love all these design principles that are reinforced to us each week. Some are basics, but sometimes they're easy to forget.

I ordered a set of Claritystamp Stencil Brushes and they arrived yesterday. I didn't think I would have a chance to do any playing until Sunday afternoon, but my plans changed for today and I decided to make a MIM card using my brushes to create an inkblended background. I'm not quite sure how I feel about these brushes yet; I definitely have to get used to them. My first attempt was not very successful: I got a harsh blob and some of the brush's bristles sneaked under my masking tape. My second attempt, this card, was much better, but I found that I still had to use some effort to get a decent blend. I'll keep on practicing. P.S., the brushes are huge!

 


I used the roadway die (with attached trees) from City Scene to stamp my sentiment on. A very simple and quick card. Nothing fancy.

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps - PTI City Scene, Friends Til The End
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Autumn Rose, New Leaf; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar (for inkblended background)
Dies - PTI City Scene; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Other - Claritystamp Stencil Brushes


18 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Love how you used city scene die cuts and silhouette images, and your brushed background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I love pink and black together and it looks great with the added a splash of green. Just lovely! You did a good job on the background blending, even though it took a couple tries, it was worth it. I have this set and really need to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, modern looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Diana! I have those Clarity brushes also and yes they are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this, Diana! Fabulous take on the technique! And I love that stencilled rectangle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Diana! The brushed background came out great and I just love the modern look of this fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card, Diana!! What a great job with your blended background, your colors are fabulous and your grounded sentiment is perfect in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Diana! I love the colors you used and your blending came out beautifully! I think the brushes are huge too, and have only used mine once and not very successfully I might add! I need to do some more practicing with mine! But anyway, I think your card came out just lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana!! Looking through rose-colored glasses!!! I think I want to live here! Darling, really!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! That's beautiful! This is one of my all time favorite stamp sets, and I love what you did with it! Your blending looks marvelous to me! I need to give those brushes a try too! And as always your comments on my blog are so appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean, neat and sweet, Diana. Perfectly balanced. Love your work. Always something to study, and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card with its sweet pink and black colors reminds me of the darling French cafe in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii where I celebrated my 65th birthday this year! The pink blending behind the buildings and the bit of green trees completes the scene so nicely. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, Diana, what a beautiful card this is...such a darling scene. I love how the use of black makes the pretty colors pop, and the sweet sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure doesn't show that you were "challenged" with those new brushes, Diana. Your card is fabulous with the blended pink rectangle behind your great scene. Love your sentiment strip, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. be still my modern, cas heart!! i love every little detail, especially the pop of black with the pale pink and green. thanks for playing make it monday! i thought you'd appreciate the simple stamping focus after saf!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfectly grounded! Love this soft city card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how did I miss this when you posted it? It's beautiful! I love the soft colours and your brushed background is perfect! I've been toying with the idea of getting those stencil brushes... Congrats on the shoutout in today's newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just read the September edition of the PTI newsletter and much to my delight, I saw that your "sending hugs" city scene MIM card was featured!!
    Congratulations, Diana!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.