Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Altenew September Inspiration Challenge


Yup, this is the gorgeousness that we get to play with as inspiration over at the Altenew September Inspiration Challenge this month. I never think vintage when I think of Altenew, ever, but I did when I saw this photo. It's the ticking stripes that did it. I immediately remembered one of my most favourite Christmas scrapbooking papers. Alas, not a snippet of it remains and I can't for the life of me remember who made it. But I got all nostalgic and made up this three card set with some scraps of Echo Park striped paper that I had on hand - it's all gone now :( ...







I'm calling it pretty but simple vintage. :) I love this Altenew Vintage Roses set so much and can't believe how different the feel of the roses can be depending on what colour combinations you use. The ones I used here remind me of old-time greeting cards. 

11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I was a little stumped with this challenge, Diana, because all ! have from Altenew are flower stamps.... but I love your cards! Fabulous job! Thanks for the inspiration!

Martha said...

OH, Diana, you sure made the Vintage Roses shine on your beautiful set of cards! I love how you used the stripes. Beautifully designed!

maria f. said...

Outtathisworld! Those snippets of PP take these over the top!

nancy said...

Obviously, today is my day to sit down for a visit.

It is because of the stamp set you used here that I think of Altenew as vintage. No, that's not quite right. I think of Altenew as timeless. Vintage Roses is a stunning set and you gave each rose its own special personality with the colors you used. Love those sentiments, too.

Swapna B Patil said...

Wow... Each card is stunning.. Love the colours and layout of each card... love love love them...

Hannelie said...

Absolutely stunning!
Love your work Diana!

teresa currie said...

Diana, a great big CONGRATULATIONS on being one of the September Inspiration Challenge Winners for Altenew!!!
Your cards are fabulous!!

Hannelie said...

Congratulation for being one of the winners over at Altenew! So well deserved!!!
Hugs

Vicki Finger said...

A well deserved win at Altenew! Gorgeous bouquet you made here.

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

Congratulations on your Altenew win, Diana! I keep looking for you to begin blogging again with your particular sense of design & color. Hope vacation or being away is wonderful!

Susi K. said...

3 stunning cards - congrats on the Altenew win!