Saturday, 3 September 2016

CAS(E) this sketch! #188


I wanted to write a note to one of my sisters and I decided to play along with CAS(E) this sketch! at the same time. It's a Sam Simpson sketch this week and it was just what I needed to help me create a simple, but pretty, little card ...


I love this Altenew Vintage Roses set and just had to use my new PTI Noted: Scalloped A1 Card dies. I've stamped dozens of these roses this morning, 'cause it makes things easier if you get your MISTI set up and do a production line. Warning: you'll probably be seeing more cards with roses on them in the near future. :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the large expanse of white with your beautiful yellow rose as the star of the show! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design with the rose and the scalloped card sets it off well. Looking forward to more roses, maybe more colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous, Diana! Wonderful take on the sketch! I love how yo added the dark brown to the rose -- it's so striking! Looking forward to seeing more cards with these flowers -- I just love your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Diana!! I was surprised to see how beautiful that brown makes the rose! How in the world did you get a scalloped edge on the fold line?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layered rose--wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY, Diana, what a perfectly CAS beauty this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bounced all over the place when I read through your post and looked at your card. I agree, this is a pretty card. That single rose is sweet, yet sophisticated with its backdrop of white scallops. Speaking of scallops, I had to go look at the Noted die on the PTI website. I recalled it having one straight edge, yet all four of your edges are scalloped, which is my preference. I know see that you did some manipulation of the die. Well done!

    As others have mentioned, the brown ink really does add some fabulous depth to the rose. I never would have thought to add that to the mix of yellows. Also, I am in awe of how you used the two leaves and one rose petal to mimic the three flags in the sketch. Brilliant, Diana.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.