Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Create Along With Us: PTI September 2016

I am back again to join in the Create Along With Us challenge over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. It's the first month of new Christmas products and, so far, the reveals and design team projects have been amazing.

I've come up with a new scheme that, hopefully, will make my PTI buying decisions on the 15th of each month easier. Ha! I've decided that on each of the five countdown days I'll choose one favourite designer project and highlight it here on my blog in my Create Along With Us post for that month. I'll also select one project from the wrap up day. My only criteria for choosing a project are that (1) I love it at first glance; and (2) that it be something that I would be willing to recreate or use in a similar manner. The *Plan* is that this will help me make good choices and buy (only) stamps that I both like and will actually use. We'll see how that works out. In the meantime, here is where I am so far this month ...

Day 1Lizzie Jones


Day 2: Melissa Phillips


Day 3: Kay Miller


Day 4: Betsy Veldman


Day 5:  Betsy Veldman


Release in Review Day:  Kay Miller 


In the meantime, since my crafting time is pretty scarce this week as we prepare for a month's holiday (we're leaving on Monday), I decided to hurry up and make a card for the challenge. Just by chance, my card was influenced by two of my favourites (my cards won't always evolve from a featured card) - Lizzie's Day 1 number and Besty's Day 4 card ...


This card came about because of a discussion we were having on the PTI Forum. I was bemoaning the fact that the Paper Dolls Basic Dies appear to be out of stock, just in time for the coming elf costumes. :) :(   One of my friends, Cheryl, suggested that Lizzie's card might work with the characters from last year's Make It Market Mini Kit: Holiday Pin-Ups. I gave it a try and am happy to report that I kinda like my bobbleheaded card. It could work for a child who didn't know anything about PTI. Ha! Obviously, I don't own Lizzie's new stacked gift set so I improvised, choosing the tree from the All Through The House kit. Thank you, Betsy, for giving me that lightbulb moment this morning. Because the characters are a bit stiff looking (ha! they're supposed to be clothespins), I kept things really simple and just masked off a little snow hill and sponged some Salty Ocean Distress Ink into the background, then stamped a sentiment from Bells & Boughs. By the way, have you noticed how much Santa has slimmed down this year? It makes him look way tall.

Thanks PTI for always inspiring and giving us fun things to try!

22 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love your tall slim Santa! Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute! That mouse card with the "bent" tree got me too! But they are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! That is the cutest card ever! You are very clever to combine the two cards and come up with this adorable scene! Love your idea on how to buy your stamps each month! And of course I'm flattered that you have picked one of my cards to CASE! Can't wait to see what you do! Thanks always for your sweet comments on my blog! And I was smiling in those photos! I was a happy baby, and still am! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been laughing all evening after looking at your bobbleheads! This card is utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your bobblehead card Diana...too, too cute! Really like your idea for narrowing down your order on the 15th too...let me know if it works as I'm always in need of help on that day! My greediness just takes over and then I have all kinds of stuff to play with and am so overwhelmed that I actually play with very little of it! Have a wonderful and safe trip too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think we should all adopt a similar strategy for our PTI spending, Diana. Alas, my will is never strong enough on release night! What a darling card you so artfully created! Love it all, tall santa included! So glad I have that set. Had so much fun with it last year, and can't wait to pull it out again! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever and adorable. I need to search my stash to see if I bought this kit. Can you believe I don't even know what I have? Love those little reindeer--they remind me of pez dispensers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute and super clever!! I like your idea of narrowing down your wish list too. I should give that a try as I think I want almost everything this month and my conscience and purse won't allow it. ;0) Have a great time on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet and FUN Card, Diane !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Diana! And yes, Santa looks like he could use some cookies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack! SO stinkin' cute, Diana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute way to use this set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative and adorable Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana this card is so sweet and adorable!I could use some cookies myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous idea & card, Diana! Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, he certainly has slimmed down!!

    Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous, Diana! I like this idea! Must check by and see what you pick each time! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, Diana, how did your new scheme work out for you? Snicker, snicker. The only reason that I didn't fall into the trap of overspending on release night is that I couldn't narrow down the items from my wishlist that were going into my cart. I have a lot of self-control when it comes to Christmas products since I just know that I only make one card design, which I mass produce. It is autumn products that do me in. I'm still trying to narrow things down. Guess I could take a lesson from your Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable card, Diana! Love your creativity and also your "plan" for purchasing new PTI products :-) GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diana, congrats on your win!!!! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just had to pop by and congratulate you. Hooray, Diana! Loved seeing your name in the winner's spot!
    And loved your cutie clothespin card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your win, Diana! Fun to see a bloggy friend's name.
    Happy shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.