Monday, 5 September 2016

Splatter! Virginia's View Challenge #23


I had to play along with the challenge over at Virginia's View Challenge #23 for two reasons: (1) I need to let go and be brave more often, and (2) she said the magic word, "Altenew".

I love Altenew florals but, as I've said many times before, they are work-intensive. And here Virginia is not only encouraging us to use their stamps, but then to go risk ruining all that hard work by adding spray mists and splatter. :) Just wow! But I did it ...



I used the Altenew Watercolor Wonders stamp set for the flowers, along with Winnie & Walter The Big The Bold and The Happy for the sentiment. I used a combination of pigment and dye inks (Fresh Ink Pink Lemonade, Melon, Strawberry; PTI Spring Moss, Saffron Spice, Smokey Shadow). I really like pigment inks for stamping layers when I want true colours and not "new" colours.

After stamping, I bit the bullet and splattered on some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine mist, concentrating it on the bottom half of my card. You'll notice that I got a blob on my sentiment but somehow it doesn't bother me. :)   I finished up by trimming out my panel with one of the MFT Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies and called it a day.

Thanks for sponsoring such a fun challenge, Virginia!


8 comments:

  1. beautiful - and all your spatters look fantastic - love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thud (my jaw dropped the floor)....now I have to say WOW!! Your ink splatter makes this design come to life! I really really love everything about this card! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicate and pretty. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mists and sprays only enhanced the beauty of this one!! GORGEOUS work Diane!! You are so BRAVE:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love this stamp set anyway and find th3e spatter only added to the overall look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Diana! I'm pinning it and then casing it immediately! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is simply gorgeous, Diana!
    I love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, I was just looking at Watercolor Wonders for a card yesterday, but passed it up to make one for Create Along With Us instead. I'm not sure if I spent all that time working those stamps that I would be as brave as you and add splatters. Brava! This is a pretty card.

    PS - Thank you for the tip on the pigment inks and layering. I haven't tried them that way and now will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.