Friday, 9 September 2016

Winter Hills

I'm playing along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge where Danielle is showing us how to "pop your black and white stamped backgrounds with a colorful focal point, that lines up with your original background images."

I love black and white. Period. I'm sure I've said before that I could stamp only in black and white, always, and be a perfectly happy camper. I cannot colour well, as you will soon see. Also the sharpness of this photo makes it look a lot worse than it is in real life (though I'm probably deluding myself because my eyes are so bad). Next time I'm going for a more sketched look ...

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps - PTI Winter Hills. Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. Other - Copics.

This is the quickest card that I ever made in my life! I looked through my stamp image binder on Wednesday night while watching TV and chose the set I wanted to use and then yesterday afternoon my first attempt at a layout worked for me! That very rarely happens, believe me. :)

24 comments:

  1. A very pretty winter card! And your coloring looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, Diana! I love it!
    I don't like to colour.... unless I use my Zigs with a water brush. But with just straight colouring, I'm never happy with the results.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful winter card, Diane and you did a fabulous job with this weeks Challnege !

    Imke My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally beautiful card, Diana! Love your stamp choice and the unique design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun winter card, Diana! Love the curves, so smartly done. And don't you just love a card that does come together easily?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. And, I like your coloring--perhaps you are too hard on yourself. Love how your cut out portion is shaped like snow mounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and everything about it Diana! What a perfect set and design. I will have to case this one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, this looks amazing! I love the design and your coloring looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana what an awesome design! This would make a wonderful Christmas card. And there's nothing wrong with your coloring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on this challenge. The swoop design adds interest. Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a stunning take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're too hard on yourself Diana...your coloring is great and I love this Card! Winter Hills has always been a favorite of mine and this technique shows it off Beautifully! Lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project is by far my favorite using this technique! I still haven't decided what I am going to do if anything. I don't know ho I could imagine anything so lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love how your black and white images come from both sides...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creative design and a fun set to use! Isn't it fun when a card comes together quickly, rare for me too =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure, Diana, you had to put the rest of us to shame with your stunning design. Beautiful coloring, great stamp choice and lovely design! You nailed this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally in love with this card Diana! What a great use of that set and the dies. You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diana, OUTSTANDING card!! Just simply love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diana, what a FABulous take on the MIM!
    Beautifully stamped, colored, & designed!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So clever and quit putting yourself down - you're a natural designer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks great. Such a creative take on the technique. From one non-colorer to another, give messy watercoloring a go for adding color to an illustrated design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are two people whose take on the MIM technique I anticipate, you and Nancy Penir. You both take what is presented and put your own unique spin on it, which is exactly what you did with this card. It is superb.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.