Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Papertrey Ink October 2016 Blog Hop



I can hardly believe that the month is almost over. We just got home from a month long vacation last Thursday night. I caught a nasty cold on the last day and am finally feeling better today. I've been busy, but I couldn't resist playing along with the inspiration over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. Who could?


I only started yesterday afternoon at 17h00 but I still managed to make four cards. Ha! It all worked out so well for me - DH now has my cold and his appetite is peckish, so I got out of cooking a big dinner, i.e., more time to make cards.


I promise you that each of these cards was influenced by the inspiration, even though it doesn't look it. Proof is that I only picked up my September order at DS's house on Sunday afternoon, containing these fun new sets, and I couldn't wait to play with them. So I let Nichole's photo kind of take me where I wanted to go. I'll start with my most favourite (it was the round shapes and colours that influenced me)  ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: PTI Vintage Ornaments II. Inks: PTI Pale Peony, Pure Poppy, Vintage Jadeite, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, Ocean Tides, Simply Chartreuse; Memento Tuxedo Black; Tsukineko Delicata Gold. Dies: PTI Vintage Ornaments II; MFT Fishtail Flag STAX. Other: Glossy Accents (on red ornament only).

The next one is an okay Christmas card which I can see myself sending someone this year ...
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft; Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic. Stamps: PTI Holiday Greens. Ink: PTI Ocean Tides, Simply Chartreuse, Saffron Spice, Terracotta Tile, Cocoa Bean, Scarlet Jewel. Dies: PTI Holiday Greens, Enclosed: Bell; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles.
The last two cards I'm not crazy about, LOL. In order of least ambivalence, this one is next ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: Vintage Ornaments II. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black. Other: Copics (Y32, BG11, BG000); Paper Studio Woodgrain Embossing folder.
I used an embossing folder after I had stamped and coloured my card front. I can't believe how much it looks like corrugated cardboard!!! Shocking really. I should have gone with my way more subtle PTI impression plate. I know it doesn't look anything like the inspiration photo, but this was the first card I made and it immediately came to my mind after looking at the pic - I saw lots of cool colours in that photo! And rounded shapes.

Last is an autumn birthday card that I really needed. It's very similar to the Enclosed: Bell card ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone; Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic. Stamps: PTI What The Doodle: Tea Time, Holiday Greens, Color Pop: Autumn, Keep It Simple: Birthday. Inks: PTI Terracotta Tile, Olive Twist, Saffron Spice, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse; Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies: What The Doodle: Tea Time, Holiday Greens. MFT Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle STAX.

And there you have it! It's all in a day's work. P.S. I have decided that I would ideally need a crafting assistant, especially during the holiday season. I'm thinking of pulling Léo out of Grade 2 for a few weeks. I'm sure he would appreciate spending the time with me and obeying my orders (not). I was trying to beat the clock today - I needed to take photos as early as possible because (1) it's another gloomy day, and (2) it gets dark by 16h00 already, up here in The Great White North. :) I looked like a mad woman - running to my Big Shot, blowing on Glossy Accents to make it dry quicker, stamping the wrong sentiment on the wrong card base, etc. An assistant is definitely needed!


19 comments:

  1. The JOY card is my favorite, I think. But, I also love the stacked ornaments. You are always on over achiever, girl! Nice cards, all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I MUST invest in those ornament sets...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love your layout of the ornaments. The color combinations are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love the colors! Yes, we all need a crafting assistant! When you get your grandson all trained you can send him around to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely love where the inspiration photo took you with all of your amazing cards!! I think the first one is my favorite...love the way you stacked the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my good golly, Diana, you've been missed. Hope you had a terrific holiday. Glad you're better. So sorry for DH. Now for the cards. Yipes, that 1st one, the ornaments? Brilliant! Love the next 2. Super partial to the lovely cup in those colors, wow!
    Hope you're home for awhile, like I said, you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana - good for you making 4 cards! My favorite is the first - your ornaments are gorgeous! Wish I had bought that set now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four great cards Diana and I'm impressed you got them all made in a day! Of course not having to make dinner did help!! :0) Hahaha!! But anyway, lovely, lovely cards! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your ornament card. Love the design and the colors.
    The Enclosed bell card is stunning...the little teacup looks adorable.
    I'm say your cold didn't faze you at all.
    Welcome back home...we missed you!!!
    Susan 💋

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Diana! WOW, how fun...a month-long vacation. Hope you and your hubby are well soon.

    All your cards are simply lovely...so many fun details to admire. The last one is my favorite...darling use of the teacup.

    I like your idea of hiring a crafting assistant. Wouldn't that be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always look forward to seeing your blog hop creations, Diana! You never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! For the past two weeks I've been checking every so often to see if you were home because frankly, your blog is fun to read!

    I think you sell yourself short at your clever eye for design; your cards are original and pretty! The 1st & last ones are my favs! Until I got off my phone and saw them on the computer, I thought you had masked all those ornaments and my mouth was on the floor. It's still a great arrangement with the dies.

    Hope all goes better with fighting the fall bug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those stacked ornaments! But, wow - 4 cards! You were on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all gorgeous Diana! I love the first one too, but the last one might just be my favorite! They are all pretty spectacular though! Hope you had fun on your vacation! We just got home from an almost month long one too. Whew! It was a little too long for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Diana. Especially like the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creations Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Soooooooooo awesome, each and every one, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was giggling so much as I read this post!! I love all of your cards- even more that you let yourself be inspired! I always tend to be so literal and I love seeing these beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've been busy!! Love your cards and now I'm eyeing those vintage ornaments~

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.