Monday, 7 November 2016

25 Days of Christmas Tags - Day 1


I know, I'm late already, but I've always loved Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge and this year I'm determined to participate in the actual tag making for the first time. And as often as possible. That's the plan.

My inspiration for Day 1 came from Nora Noll; I loved this pretty red and white number that she created ...


This is the tag that I came up with ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: Altenew Festive Silhouettes.Ink: PTI Pure Poppy. Dies: PTI Note Niblets, Tag Sale: Quilted. Other: Doodlebug & Tim Holtz glitters.

I ended up making a shaker tag, that doesn't shake. :) I cut the window out of my top tag layer, using holly dies, and then lined it with clear cardstock. I put a strip of Scor Tape on the bottom layer of the tag and then sprinkled on glitter, green and red, masking as I went. I put the two layers together with some foam tape. It's a pretty easy way to get the look of a shaker, without all of the potential mess.


5 comments:

  1. Love your faux shaker!! This post reminds me I should get started making tags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! What a brilliant way to have the glitter, but keep in in place, too. I've got to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun holiday tag, Diana!! Love that it is a shaker that doesn't shake. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these gorgeous shakers! The detail is amazing--so delicate and beautiful!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.