Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Assembly Line Cardmaking

It's me again, participating in Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge. Laurie has us setting up assembly lines to put together more than one card at a time. I only ever do this at Christmas, so that's the card I made today. Actually, last year was the first time that I only did one design for everyone. Usually each card is different. Tags and treat boxes and table favours are a whole other story. I love making prototypes of those things and spending time (mindlessly) putting them together. A bit of Christmas music in the background and pretty things piling up around me. Ahh. So calming.

I chose a very easy design to replicate, especially with my MISTI ...



Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: PTI Winter Village. Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Cocoa Bean; Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection. Other: Fun foam; Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.
So simple, but I love the images. I stamped my panels and then used an oval die from the Noted set to cut out the focal point of my image. I then set it back into my card front, using some foam tape to give it dimension.

I used this stamp set for the first time today and it made me so happy to play with such peaceful images. It made me realize that I want my wrapping and gift tags to be simple this year. I've pretty much decided that my wrapping paper will be dark brown, light cream and Kraft and that my tags will coordinate and incorporate some dark greens and black into my scheme. Can't wait to get started!

22 comments:

  1. Oooooh, we used the same set. What a perfect layout for your sweet 'cabin'. such peaceful colors and sentiment, and I love the oval. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark brown makes your winter scene feel cozy! Your oval die cut- wow!, a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Beautiful designing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold splatters are my favorite part of this! What a beautiful card you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful cards Diana! So simple, but absolute perfection! Really wishing I had ordered that set...grrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful with simple elegance! Cant help but love this set, right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I always look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so glad you got the Winter Village stamp set, too, Diana! I can be inspired by how you use it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, I simply love the peace and tranquility your beautiful scene creates! A wonderful set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Diana! Definitely worthy of mass production. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the challenge Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, Diana, your WInter Village scene looks so very peaceful and serene. Your gold splatters add so much without taking away from the beauty of the rest. Now I want that set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely winter scene. So serene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card- love the popped up oval in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards...I too love the oval inset...adds so much dimension and interest.
    I need to put Winter Village on my wish list...Thank You for that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. So calming and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diana, what darling cards!
    I love the colors and fabulous design.
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diana, this is such a lovely winter Scene. And i like how you´ve cut out the focal Point. I think this Set goes to my Wishlist....Thanks for the Inspiration.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, Diana!! Love the feeling your peaceful, winter scene evokes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is beautiful! I love the colors, and yes, it looks like it would go pretty fast for making lots! The little tag peeking out looks cute too :) Thanks for all of your nice comments on my release post! They always make me smile! :) Well except for the one about only liking purple if you're 6 years old ... No really, that might have made me smile the biggest!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card. My first time to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.