Friday, 25 November 2016

Christmas Glitz

It's time for another blog hop over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog and, as usual, she's provided us with some amazing inspiration ...


I admit that when I first saw this I was a little bit blinded, but now all I'm dreaming of is putting up a bright white Christmas tree of my own. That's me, so very weak minded and apparently open to all suggestions. :)

I have been so busy that I couldn't do this justice. I know that already, so no need to tell me. I only had about 2 hours to devote to the hop and it shows. Plus we're living in the land of doom and gloom, fogged in completely 24 hours a day and photos are a pain to take. I'm already done with winter. Nevertheless, here we go ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: PTI Holiday Greens, Tinsel & Tags. Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Picked Raspberry, Crushed Olive, Peacock Feathers; Versamark. Dies: PTI Holiday Greens, Tinsel & Tags; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles. Other: SSS Detail White Embossing Powder.
Next comes the glitzy part, so be sure to put on your sunglasses, we're on our way to Vegas ...


I made a gift card set, consisting of 3 standard A2 cards and 3 A1 (4 Bar) note cards, all in a Christmas theme. It all came from Nichole's photo. When I first saw it, I immediately thought about the movie "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", and my favourite song from it, "Trim up the tree with Christmas stuff, like bingle balls and whofoo stuff". That's how my mind works, folks. I chose three songs and created a background with the lyrics on my computer, printed it out on my laser printer and then foiled them with my Minc ...


Impossible to photo, but for the first one (the Dr. Seuss song on my ornament cards) I used an ombré gold and pink foil by Heidi Swapp which I just so happen to love. For the second series, The Bells, I again chose an ombré by Heidi, silver and teal. For the third set, the Christmas trees, I went with green foil from Heidi Swapp ...

Featuring the Dr. Seuss Trim the Tree song.



Featuring The Carol of the Bells: Ring Christmas bells, merrily ring, tell all the world, Jesus is King.



Featuring I saw mommy kissing santa claus.

IT IS NOT THIS CROOKED IN REAL LIFE. SHEESH!


I know, so boring, horrible photos and I'm sorry if you sat through the whole show. I'll try to do better next time. My only excuse is that I've been running around everywhere, and everybody needs me for something or other. I pretty much used all PTI, except for the DCWV glimmery glittery papers that I cut my Noted: Scalloped A1 card bases from. In life, it doesn't look quite this bad but it is a bit overwhelming in the glitz department (dare I say tacky).

Thanks for your visit. I appreciate each and every one of you and love when you leave me encouraging comments.

23 comments:

  1. These cards are FABULOUS!!! All..7 of them!
    I get the no time problem!
    I used my IPhone to take my picture, that's how time pressed I was!
    Gorgeous cards Diana! Just beautiful!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diana, you've given me an idea for my Christmas cards this year - love the metallic print peaking through the negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful! Amazing that you could do all this in 2 hours! And it's not too much glitz - I love the glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowza!!! what a fabulous set of cards!!! so creative and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, Diana ~ love the pretty trees in the inspiration photo colors :) Your set of cards is simply fabulous! The foiling adds such a festive touch and NO, you can never ever have too much glitz in my world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too hard on yourself Diana...I loved ALL 7 cards!!! I especially love the metallic printing of the songs...how cool is that?!! And they look fabulous through your die cut shapes! For being on a time crunch, you did a fabulous job and I am very impressed!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Diana, what a beautiful selection of card! LOVE the shine and amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so many wonderful and beautiful projects! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! WOW! WOW! It is always a treat to see what you design for the hop! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of cards, Diana!! Love that you incorporated the Grinch!! So clever...and the colors you chose are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are wonderful, lovely colors! I especially like what you did with the Holiday Greens on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After seeing your first card and the way you used Holiday Greens, it must go in my cart this month! For only having 2 hours, you sure got a lot done! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is always beautiful! LOVE all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous cards- love them all. You definitely did the challenge justice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do not give yourself justice girl. Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply stunning and so creative, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, Diana, I think you should be on the DT - seriously! You are GOOD - these are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good heavens, Diana, you are so hard on yourself and your beautiful creations and photos! All of these things are outstanding and no need to apologize! I'd be very, very proud if I had designed and executed any of these beauties!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a wonderful set of cards! Love your pastel layers of white embossed trees - and all the die cut out cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diana, you leave me speechless every. single. time. with your beautiful creations. Why are you so hard on yourself? I honestly don't think you could screw up a card no matter how much or little time you have. You always come up with unique designs. No, I'm not buying a Minc even though I love your results and am envious. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, as usual. Love the glitz and shine. You are an amazing cardmaker, girl. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are too hard on yourself (but I do understand). I love these! How fun is your card set? I think it is cool that you designed and foiled it. And I love (a lot!!!) your first card! You make me want to buy that stamp set just so I could recreate this.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.