Thursday, 17 November 2016

Create Along With Us November 2016

Papertrey Ink released lots of fun new birthday products this week and now we're getting to play along with the designers at this month's Create Along with Us Release Week Challenge

Remember that I said back in September I would choose a favourite from each day? And that all the ones I chose would need to fit into the "somewhat achievable by me" category? Well, here it is for this month:

Day 1
Nichole Heady
I can never resist a cute tag!

Day 2
Nichole Heady, again!
I love this simple clean design. I really struggle to use word die cuts on my cards and this looks like something that I might be able to do easily. Adds a big impact too.

Day 3
Amy Sheffer
One of my most very favourites of the whole release and it's the one that I chose to CASE, as you will soon see.

Day 4
Laurie Willison
Like I just said, I love cute tags and hers was the bomb, the perfect little addition to a birthday gift package.

Day 5
Danielle Flanders
Hello, the colours! So sad to see that she's leaving the PTI design team. She has been one of my most favourite card makers for forever. I know she has a lot of exciting things happening in her life right now, so I do understand. But I'll miss her lots. :(

Release Day Wrap Up
Danielle Flanders, again!
Can you see why I'm going to miss her so much?!!!

My most favourite card of the entire release is this one ...

Kay Miller
but it was officially disqualified as being something that I would never even attempt to do. :)

If you're still with me, here is the birthday card that I made - based on Amy's Day 3 winning card ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: PTI Doodlie-Do, Sweet Holiday Wishes, MIM Kit: Color Pop Autumn. Inks: PTI New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Bright Buttercup, Scarlet Jewel, Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush. Dies: PTI Doodlie-Do, Sweet Holiday Wishes, Keep It  Simple Frames.
I absolutely loved her technique of using sponge daubers to colour in the heat embossed Better Together flowers! It was so much fun to do and I just know that it's something that I'll be doing again. I also blended some Sweet Blush ink, in an oval shape, to my background to add a little bit of extra interest. Really happy with the way it all came out. For once. :) 

14 comments:

  1. OK, you officially knocked my socks off! Your case is wonderful! Colors, stamps, & layout, (and photo!) all fabulous! Loved how you loved all designer's posts and picked your favorites. Read and love all of it, including your shout out to Danielle. Still reeling from her stepping down. LOVE her style!!! And yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love everything about it; and couldn't agree more about Danielle's leaving. I started following her before she joined PTI, and have pinned many, many of her cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww well, you totally made my day, even if you disqualified my card! haha! I think you could pull it off though ;) I love what you did with Amy's card !! The soft background is lovely with those pretty flowers and leaves! I need to try this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Kay. Girl, you rock every card you attempt. This card is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only do a I absolutely LOVE your card! I also really enjoyed your delightful post. It is amazing to see your favorites and how you chose which one to CASE according to your style. You made it your own and your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just breathtaking! What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card - I agree the DT do give lots of amazing inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post and love your picks! My goodness your card is stunning! Sad to see Danielle go too, I think you could step into her shoes very nicely with all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally make GORGEOUS cards for every-single-challenge!!!
    So knock it off! You are a fabulous card maker. If you tried making Kay's card, you totally could have done it.
    Beautiful, but they all are!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing what cards from the release inspired you Diana and even had to chuckle about not attempting Kay's! Your CASE of Amy's card turned out SO pretty and now I may have to CASE you! Lovely, lovely card Diana!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, you simply amaze me with everything you do. Your blog posts are enlightening, your card is delightful, and I couldn't agree more with your picks of the release. Can't wait to see your CASE of Kay's card because I know it will be gorgeous. I, too, will miss Danielle and her creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG. This is absolutely stunning. Love every thing about it, and I will be pinning to CASE. I did not ready Amy's description enogh to see that she sponged the color, but I can see all the different shades and gradations on yours, and love it to bits. Can I say prettier than the original without insulting Any's card which was pretty awesome to begin with. Ack...you are reminding me that I have yet to break out my 'sweet' cookie stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that we shared the same favourite card for the release! Your card is beautiful, Diana! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.