Monday, 7 November 2016

Tailored Christmas Card



This week, over at CAS(E) this sketch!, we're playing along with this sketch from Leigh Penner. I thought it would be a breeze, but for some reason I couldn't get anything to work like I wanted it to. I finally came up with something that I liked, though it's not as clean and "simple" as I had hoped for ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White & clear cardstocks, Fancy Pants, October Afternoon (yes, I still have a stack of older patterned papers). Stamps: Altenew Festive Silhouettes. Inks: PTI Pure Poppy. Dies: Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Small Bow. Other: Silver Germany glitter glass, Art Ingredients frosted mica flakes.
Yes, I made a fake shaker card, which is a little bit simpler than a real one, but not by much. :) On the bottom layer of the "shaker" I covered a strip of Scor Tape with my glitter and mica flakes, which makes it all secure and stationary, less messy in a way. Here's a close up ...


I just always need to break out the glitter once or twice during the holidays. Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. Even when I used to buy our holiday cards, I also made sure there was something shiny on the models I picked out. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Diana! Super fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...... lovely patterns/colors and the perfect bit of sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.