Friday, 9 December 2016

Embossed & Outlined Backgrounds

Betsy Veldman is up over at the Papertrey Ink blog for Make It Monday this week. And she's showing us a technique I would never in a million years have thought of doing myself, so that's a good thing. :) We're embossing a background and then outlining the images with a marker to make them pop. She used snowflake images and so did I ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush. Stamps: PTI Fab Flakes, Winter Penguin, Bells & Boughs. Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush; Versamark. Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 & Vertical Scalloped A2. Other: SSS Detail White embossing powder; Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder; Copic R000 Cherry White.
Like Betsy, in addition to outlining my images with a Copic, I also ink blended some Sweet Blush into parts of my background.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. This is so soft and calming. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally adore this card! It is my colors (yes I do love Platinum also). I'm think I need to wrangle this one out of you sent to my house! It is exquisite, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOO pretty Diana! Absolutely love the soft colors...almost makes me like snow! Ummm...NO!!!! But I do love your card...stunning!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Diana...love the soft pinks and gold and white embossing....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, pink seems to be the color for this challenge! Your soft background is beautiful. At first I thought your flakes were brown (brown & pink are so good together) but your credits say platinum which makes it even more festive! One of my favorite cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card, Diana! You made Fab Flakes...FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card! Such sweet colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Diana, this card is exquisite! Love the platinum embossing. You'll be on the DT before we know it. Now I "need" Fab Flakes after seeing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your signature style, Diana, beautiful, soft, classic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo beeeeautuiful!! Second to purple, pink is my favorite color! I love this soft snowflakey winter card!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.