Friday, 16 December 2016

PTI Create Along with Us for December 2016

 
I'm joining in the fun of creating along with the PTI designers during release week. You can find this challenge over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. Again this month, I've chosen a personal favourite project from each of the days of the event ...

Top Row, L-R: Maile Belles, Laurie Willison, Laurie Schmidlin
Bottom Row, L-R: Betsy Veldman, Kay Miller, Lizzie Jones
Some of my choices, especially for wrap up day, almost came down to pulling a name out of a hat, that's how many gorgeous projects there were this month!

I ended up making three cards ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Limeade Ice. Stamps: PTI Painted Poinsettias, KIS: Happy Holidays. Inks: PTI New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark. Dies: PTI Painted Poinsettias; Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. Other: Heidi Swapp Minc Machine/Teal Silver Ombré Foil; SSS Detail White embossing powder; HP laser printer.

Close up to show the woodgrain foiling that I did on Limeade Ice cardstock.

My inspiration for this card came both from Maile Belles' Day 1 swan layout, with that gorgeous curved edge on the top layer and the pattern she created with the water ripple stamps. I was also influenced by Dawn McVey's incredible colour choices on this card ...


My second card was inspired by Laurie Schmidlin's Day 3 card. I loved her colour choices and all the interesting layers and mats and textures that she used. I hadn't done anything like that in forever so decided to make one, with luxury being my theme as I felt that so many of Laurie's cards this release had a luxury feel to them. I'm hoping she becomes a permanent designer with PTI's team :) ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Fresh Snow Linen and Luxe Silver cardstocks; Post & Parcel kit patterned paper. Stamps: PTI Winter Village. Inks: Altenew Evening Gray, Moon Dock; Fresh Ink Island; Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies: PTI Noted A2 Scalloped; Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Card Templates. Other: Heidi Swapp Minc Machine/Teal Silver Ombré Foil; HP laser printer.
Again, showing close up foiling, done this time on Stamper's Select White cardstock. You can click for a closer look if you want.
Yes, I love foiling still. It's probably not in fashion anymore but that doesn't phase me even one bit. :) You know how everyone became stampers because of the magic of embossing powder melting? I was wowed by that also, but I'm even more blown away by foiling. I'm nerdy like that.

Anyway I love that soft card and I'm sure that the Winter Village stamp set will remain a favourite of mine forever. In person this card feels so expensive, but it's super hard to photo the matte Luxe Silver cardstock. I think this was the first time that I've ever stamped on Fresh Snow Linen and the added texture is lovely.

My third card was influenced specifically by Heather Nichols' Day 5 Jumping for Joy bear, all done in Kraft and red with a glittery heart ...


but let's face it - ALL of her gorgeous Kraft creations this month (and every month) influenced my card. I couldn't let a Christmas go by without using Kraft and glitter together ...

Paper: PTI Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado cardstocks; core'dinations Glitter Silk cardstock (red). Stamps: PTI Winter Village. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Fresh Ink Pool. Dies: PTI Songbirds. Other: Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.

One of the things I love doing on Kraft cardstock is inkblending. You can use regular dye inks, like PTI, but it's super easy and much faster if you use pigment inks to do this. After ink blending I masked off parts of my card front with post-it notes to make a path for glitter. I sprayed it with Krylon adhesive and shook on the distress glitter. It's so beautiful in real life. I love this card but it doesn't photo especially well.

Had so much fun this week, playing along. Thanks for the challenge, PTI!



9 comments:

  1. Love your card! Very pretty stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are gorgeous, they always are!!!
    But the Poinsettia card is SPECTACULAR!!!
    The foiling took it over-the -top!
    Your little church card is so pretty as well!
    BEAUTIFUL post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 lovely cards Diana. I have to stop looking at cards because I want everything (like Winter Village)! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana you rocked this challenge! Love your approach and choosing your favs, then treating us to 3 beauties. love the Winter bird, and glittered bg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are all fabulous, Diana! I especially love the woodgrain paired with the little church!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Diana! I think the poinsettia card is my favorite...but all of your cards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All gorgeous, Diana! I love the simple church Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A smorgasbord of beauty Diana!! They are all stunning, but that poinsettia speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.