Monday, 26 December 2016

That's a Wrap!

ohhappyday.com

This is the lovely inspiration photo that Nichole Heady, over at her Papertrey Ink blog, has given us for the December Blog Hop. Isn't it too pretty for words? I love it and it might be the reason I'm using shocking pink napkins (with a smaller napkin, sort of Saffron Spice in colour, wrapped around it) on my Christmas table. I'm going for a Bollywood theme, hahaha. Yes, Christmas at nana's this year, for various reasons, is tonight, on my birthday! So excited, can't wait.

I didn't have a chance to make a card for the Blog Hop so I thought I would share instead some projects that I made to "wrap up" the entry way in our condo. I've been so tired and so busy that this is the first year in a long while that I didn't make any new photo ornaments to put on our tree. Instead, I selected some from past years and decorated the ti-pits photos that adorn our hallway year-round ...

Kristopher & Alexandre

Émérik & Léo
Hubby thinks it's corny, but I love it and think they will also. And I have another confession to make - those hallway photos need to be updated also - surprisingly, the littles seem to get older and bigger every year, and it's hard to keep up with them (at my age).

One more little entry way decoration, one I know for sure that they'll like - treat boxes! We call them "the lovely parting gifts" at our house ...


I'm spoiling them rotten this year and I'm putting popper crackers at their place settings (made with Erin Lincoln's popper die), filled with rolled up cash.

Kids' table for Christmas 2016 (I'm thinking that Émérik (11 in February!!!) will be wanting to sit at the adult table next year.
I'm hoping their gifts aren't a letdown after all the partying this weekend, so I want to leave them with a good impression. Has anyone else noticed that the older the kids get, the smaller, and more expensive, the gifts become? Way less presents under the tree this year ...


I hope you had a wonderful and joyous holiday. My wish for the coming year, like always, is for peace in the world; if only it could happen. Love and kisses to you all.

21 comments:

  1. I love your decos! And the adorable parting gifts. You are a great Nana! Happy Birthday my dear friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your packages are so pretty and "crisp" looking! While I do love sparkle and shimmer, I also love the understated elegance of your wrapping papers. I find it difficult to find plainer papers but perhaps I am not looking in the right places. Your Christmas "poppers" sound like a ton of fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so festive and pretty!!!
    I just remembered...we forgot the Christmas Crackers!!! Poop :(
    Anyway, your photo ornaments and Parting Gifts are as always...gorgeous.
    And yes indeed...gifts get more expensive...not always smaller. Brandon got a new golf bag...BIG!!!
    Happy Happy Birthday!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your interpretation of the hop theme!! i'm sure your grands will love everything you give them!! wishing you a very happy birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Diana, I adore every thoughtful thing you did and created! Fun at your house, under your tree, and at your table!!! Beautiful, and I know so appreciated! Happy Birthday! We have a bunch of December birthdays, and love that the celebration just keeps going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are lovely! Happy happy birthday and best wishes for a wonderful, crafty year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea Diana! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful post, so many wonderful ideas! thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what wonderful decorations you created for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your holiday decorations and treat boxes are adorable! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what wonderful holiday crafting!! The sweet sugar cookie tag caught my eye...may have to get that set. Lot's of homemade love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, oh my.... Your photo tags, parting gifts and other decorations are all absolutely fabulous!!! Love it all! Your grandkids will be thrilled! Lovely projects, indeed. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you every blessing for 2017! And yes, peace would be nice, too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana, I am absolutely in LOVE with your photo tags and how you attached them to the photo frames...that is just SO cool!! Love your little take away gifts, your poppers, and your beautifully wrapped packages too! And Happy, Happy Birthday too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just so amazing...love all your wonderful little creations, so perfect and I am sure they were so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. DELIGHTFUL post, Diana! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! Your sweet photos of your 4 grandsons really got me and your festive garlands are terrific and real keepsakes. Your festive table setting is a treat to the eye and the crackers must have been a hit with the littles. Love your pretty packages and handmade tags under the tree.
    I can't quite understand how the children get so big so quickly.
    My wish for my family and the people of the world is the same as yours and is stamped on the inside of all my cards this holiday season, Peace on Earth.
    My second wish is that we grandmas could make it happen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a wonderful celebration and that you are an awesome grandma (no surprise there!) I love you fabulous projects (no surprise there either!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just looking at all the beautiful colors and fun things that you've created made me feel like a kid again :) I love everything that you've created! I'm very sure your grandkids LOVE going to nana's house, no matter the celebration but this day has to be extra special :) Happy Birthday, Diana, and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't you just the little Martha Stewart with all your cute handmade decorations, Diana? You've got some handsome grandsons and very lucky to have you as their grandma. Happy Belated Birthday and many more! Here's also wishing you the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, Martha would be proud!!!! My gosh so much love and beauty for your dear family! I cannot tell you how much I love every single thing you have pictured here. Perfect.... all of it right down to that darling Christmas table for the kids!
    You wowed me big time!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, so very gorgeous! Have you tried out for the DT? Seriously!!!!
    Your grandsons are handsome little guys!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.