Monday, 9 January 2017

Birthday Invitation

Sometimes I really surprise myself. Today I wanted to stamp a birthday invitation and discovered that I only have one, very lonely, balloon stamp. I make lots of birthday cards, I have a fair number of stamp and die sets (but not too many! still need lots more) and yet I only own one balloon reference. Huh!

I'm joining along with this week's CAS(E) this sketch! challenge, where we're playing with this cute sketch from Michele Ferguson ...


and here's my 4-bar sized invitation card ...


Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps: PTI Birthday Style, Keep It Simple: You're Invited. Inks: Altenew: Jet Black; PTI Pale Peony, Lemon Tart, Mint Julep.  Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A1 die collection.  
Very simple, but I kind of like it. I'm aiming to make more one layer cards this year, so I won't have any excuse to not mail them out. P.S. If you have a favourite birthday icon set, containing balloon images of course, please share! because apparently I'm in desperate need.



7 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful! Love the soft pretty colors! I am loving more simple and one layer cards too. After having to add extra postage to almost all of my Christmas cards this past Christmas, I'm definitely going flatter next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like it.... a lot! SO,so pretty - soft and lovely colors and a brilliant way to incorporate the CTS sketch! Love the PTI scalloped note die too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, Diana! With all the cold weather we've had, those soft colors are so appealing. I'm ready for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my those soft colors look amazing Diana!
    LOVE this ... no secret because you know I am a fan! ♥
    A beautiful take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous take on the sketch!! congrats on the HM at CTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, this card is SO adorably SWEET!
    I love the pretty colors and CAS design.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.