Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Lots of Hugs


Photo from Julie Baerwald

And that, folks, is the inspiration for this month's customer blog hop, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. I do believe and hope that this photo has brought my creative slump to an end. If there was more time in a day I'm sure I could have easily made 100 different cards based on it! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I never even got the chance to make a card with ruled paper, my favourite cookie in the bunch. But I did manage to make five and they all have one element in common ...


Can you see what it is? I think it would be pretty hard to miss that great big red Hugs! The first card is probably the most cookieish ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice. Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Bold Bouquet, Embellished Elegance. Inks: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet. Dies: PTI Comic Strip  Cover Plate, Big Hugs, Rosie Posie, Bold Bouquet, Embellished Elegance.
Then I moved away from the flowers and just went with the colours from the inspiration photo ...

Paper: PTI True Black, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy. Stamps: PTI Big Hugs. Inks: Versamark. Dies: PTI Big Hugs, Comic Strip Cover Plate, Make It Market Shakers & Sprinkles kit. Other: SSS Detail White embossing powder.

I'm really liking this one because it's graphic and perfect for a masculine card!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž Especially good for a Latin lover (DH is French Canadian so I think he qualifies). with all that black, and a red silk lining, it looks like it's getting ready to dance a flamenco!

For the next one I reversed the sentiment block from the card above and made another, more flowery one ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, True Black. Stamps: PTI Big Hugs, Make It Market Don't Forget To Write kit. Inks: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, Limeade Ice; Altenew Jet Black, Evergreen. Dies: PTI Big Hugs, Comic Strip Cover Plate, Make it Market Don't Forget To Write kit; Lil Inkers Stitched  Rectangles.
The next is again a very clean, simple, masculine type card. If you were hoping I wouldn't do any foiling for this Hop, you'll be disappointed ๐Ÿ˜€ . I went with a tone-on-tone look so it's very subtle and sophisticated in real life ...

Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy. Dies: PTI Big Hugs. Other: Heidi Swapp Minc machine; Therm-o-web Pewter Deco Foil; hp Laser Jet Pro.
And the last is maybe my favourite, just a lighthearted fun Valentine's card ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black, Pure Poppy, Kraft. Stamps: PTI Big Hugs, Fresh Floral Wrap Ups; Concord & 9th Sophisticated Script. Inks: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Limeade Ice; Altenew Jet Black. Dies: PTI Big Hugs, Fresh Floral Wrap Ups; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles; Quickutz Hearts.
I had so much fun playing this week. On Monday I pulled out stamp sets I thought I wanted to use and just stamped away all day using colours from the photo. No real plan in mind. And then yesterday I started putting my cards together. I almost always start out with colour and then move on from there. Thanks, Nichole, for bringing my mojo back!

37 comments:

  1. Diana,

    Brilliant use of the MIM Shakers & Sprinkles Heart Confetti Die

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a wonderful assortment of cards! I love the various designs. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diana, I aways wait in anticipation to see what you do with the inspiration. Gorgeous 5 cookies... ah, cards! Could just eat them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five lovely cards. Love the design of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you knocked it out of the park, Diana! I'm not sure I could pick a favorite but I do love the way you used the coverplate on the first card and adore the layers of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Love them all! If ever I need inspiration for a masculine card, I know where to come. Love the red and black, and what a great idea to use the heart dies from Shakers and Sprinkles on your DH's card. Sending hugs to you, and hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection of "HUGS" cards...lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Amazing, stunning, inspirational. Perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful set of cards - each so unique in design - you've inspired me using that heart confetti die as a cut out on your card base - never thought to use it that way! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear all are adorable CARDS
    your HUGS looks so proffesional on your card
    I have to buy it great DIES you have choosen
    and my number one fav of your card is the first photo so adorable arrangement on the Comic Strip
    LUV your flower colors there too...
    GREAT photografy GREAT cards all..
    wish you are living near me...I will look how you made your cards
    they look so profesional like Hallmark cards
    see you on my Blog hop card...this is my first time to joining yay I am so excited :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts, as usual are always filled with fabulous inspiration Diana! Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous collection! I'm a huge fan of the two "masculine" cards, but I think they'd be perfect for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my goodness. Such gorgeous cards. I might have to CASE a few of those with the HUGS die cuts. Lots of really pretty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it fair to say I love them all? Sure am glad you found your mojo because I thoroughly enjoy stopping by your blog. Hugs, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH I'm like Kathy too! LOVE them all! I was hoping you would find your mojo long enough to join the hop, because I sure do enjoy seeing what you come up with! Okay my favorite.... so hard.... I think I am partial to the one with the Comic Strip Cover Plate... that is so pretty! But they all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, Diana! your set of cards is absolutely awesome! Love all the HUGS you will be sending for Valentines Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an amazing assortment of cards, so many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! what a fabulous set of cards!! I think my favorite is the super simple one (#4)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow did you come back from your slump in a BIG way. So much varied interpretations and all so beautiful! Gotta say the second one with the tiny heart cutouts is my favorite. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The mojo has returned in a big way! I would be hard pressed to choose a winner. Glad I don't have to! You are an awesomely creative stamper! Now, make me some of that black tone on tone love cardstock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG girl...you blew this challenge right out of the park! 5 cards Diana! 5 cards!! And each one is just a delight...love them all!! I'd definitely say your mojo is back and I'm so happy because I love coming to see what you've come up with! You always inspire!!!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them all and I can't even pick a favorite! Glad you've got your mojo back!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing set of cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Diana! You were inspired! I love every One of your cards.
    I might like the foiled one the best. But as usual...you were off the charts amazing!

    I used Forget me nots on my card...

    XOXO ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your mojo has returned and that's a good thing for us! So many inspiring points to get mine going (will have to wait until March when our RV returns home). My favorite is the first card with the mix of girlie flowers and graphic boxes but a close second is the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all your cards. So glad to hear your mojo is back and you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Diana, I happy to see your mojo slowly coming back! I like all of your cards but my favorite is the one that uses the Comic Strip CP, just beautiful how you placed the Rosie Posie flowers and leaves on it! I'll be mentally storing that idea for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my - your mojo came back! Love all the cards you came up with! Hard to pick a favotrite - maybe the foiled one?

    ReplyDelete
  29. All gorgeous ... but I'm ready to dance with that red silk-lined number, Diana!!! I cannot imagine you with a slump?!

    Thanks so much for your kindness - are you aware that you are a 'no reply' blogger? many don't realize it, and it has even happened to me without my knowing it!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH MY goodness, Diana, you knocked the challenge WAY OUT of the park! ALL 5 of your cards are simply gorgeous! Each one has uniquely beautiful details. "HUGS" is one of my favorite sentiments to use on my creations, and, you used it SO beautifully on all your cards.
    -IF...if...I had to select a favorite or two...I think I would select the 2nd and 4th beauties. But, the 4th beauty is my most favorite.
    -YOU ROCKED the challenge! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow wow. So many gorgeous cards. You were inspired in so many ways, and all of them wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, these are all wonderful, Diana! I love your creativity and variety!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such an array of beautiful cards! Love each and everyone! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks like a fabulous day in the craft room Diana! Sigh:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards are wonderful! Love that you used our Pewter Deco Foil for a glam touch to that card! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! You made so many amazing cards! I totally forgot about the heart shaker die, I must bring that out this weekend for some love-themed cards! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.