Friday, 20 January 2017

Masked Heart Wreaths

Despite the fact that my mojo is in the witness protection program, I forced myself to play along with this week's Make It Monday challenge. Over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog Melissa Phillips is showing off her gorgeous cardmaking skills, which is always inspiring. I ended up making two cards ...


This is the first card that I made, early in the week. I wanted to stamp on Kraft card so I prepared it by ink blending some pigment inks onto the background, giving my dye inks something to sink into (and lightening the colours significantly) ...

Paper: PTI Kraft Classic, Sweet Blush. Stamps: PTI Nostalgic Notions, Embellished Elegance, Beautiful Brushstrokes Sentiments. Inks: Altenew Jet  Black; PTI Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lady, Limeade Ice, Vintage Jadeite, Vintage Cream; Fresh Ink Sugar. Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A1, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical; Quickutz Hearts.

And then yesterday I decided I wasn't crazy about it and came up with this one ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Berry Sorbet. Stamps: PTI Nostalgic Notions, Embellished Elegance, Beautiful Brushstrokes Sentiments. Ink: Altenew Jet Black; PTI Simply Chartreuse, Pale Peony, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush. Dies: PTI Noted: Scalloped A1.

I only took pics this morning and now I actually prefer the first one. 😜 Still don't "feel" like making cards. Don't even feel like doing any crafty shopping! I must be really sick. 😀

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love both of your cards. I especially love the heart on the first one. Simply awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully masked and I love the design with the heart outline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are lovely - the kraft and pink is so pretty on the first one, but my fave is the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are terrific. You have the mojo...you just do not realize it. Your second card is my favourite. I love the stamping around the heart and the clean way you have matted it. Cheers from Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they both turned out great Diana! Your flowers are gorgeous on both of them and I also love the way you used the heart on the kraft one. My MOJO always goes missing for a few weeks after Christmas, but then always comes back...just give it some time and don'the be too hard on yourself in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it looks like your mojo has come back! Love your cards, especially your second card. I do like the outline herart on your first card a lot, though. Good for you to craft anyways, even if your ❤️ wasn't really in it (pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Diana! I especially like the second one. I started my card but my heart isn't into it yet. I keep looking at it every day to see what can be added or changed. I may not have one to share but I'm so glad you did as I always love your beautiful style :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, your mojo is in hiding? Sure doesn't look like it with both of these beauties. Such a unique design on your first one and love the cut-out for your sentiment. I'd say you rocked the challenge as always, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl! You really need to apply to be on PTI's DT! You friggin' rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh! how pretty! I am especially drawn to the second one -- I think because of all the layering. (also that berry sorbet, one of my faves!) what a great idea to have the mask as a separate layer -- I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so pretty Diana! I'd be hard pressed to pick my favorite, but I think I'm going to go with the kraft one too! That's just a really fun design! Your mojo will come back. It's just the time of year... mine's kind of hiding out too, pops in here and there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, what darling cards you've created. HEARTS always make me smile. Fabulous take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these! So pretty and I love how you reversed the colors for some of them. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.