Sunday, 29 January 2017

Spinner Card

Warning: I only made one card but this post is picture heavy. I fell in love with spinner cards!

For this week's Make It Monday, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, Lizzie Jones is showing us how simple it is to make a spinner card. I had never even heard of these things, but after watching the video and seeing just how easy it was I knew I was doing it.

A couple of weeks I asked my 7 year old grandson, whose birthday is on February 15th, if he'd like me to make the Valentine cards for his classmates this year. I proposed a photo souvenir, of himself, with lots of ribbons and flowers and girly stuff and, much to my surprise, he turned down my offer. But I thought that maybe he just couldn't quite picture it in his mind and decided that a prototype would help clear things up ...


I ended up making a double sided spinner; one side of the spinning heart says "Be Mine!" and the other ...


sports a pic that I captured of Léo recently at the hockey arena, sending me a kiss. Here's a better look at the card, flat ...



I had a hurried-up photo taking session this afternoon because I was on my way out the door to yet another hockey match, but I think you get the idea. Girly ideas include a glittered cream heart frame (which doesn't show up in the pics at all :( and the red foiled "be mine" sentiment. Plus the flowers. I decided to finish things off by making a matching pocket envelope for it ...


My intention is for Léo to give one of these to each of his classmates ...


and to present it to them all wrapped up in a bow (of course) ...



Can't wait to see Léo's reaction when I show him the prototype. At this afternoon's game I mentioned to him that I was working on his Valentines and he had this to say to me - "Je m'en fous" (I don't care) - but that might have been because he was busy playing with my iPhone. I imagine that he'll go nuts for it when he sees it in person. :) If he doesn't, then I'm secretly sending it to his English teacher. That he would really appreciate, LOL.

And just wait until you see the spinner card I'm working on for DH's valentine!!!

12 comments:

  1. Ok, you are a hoot! But your valentine is absolutely wonderful! What genius to include a photo on one side, and the envelope is adorable! Diane, always fun to see what you do with a challenge. Can't wait to hubby's spinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I love the background story about this card. As for the card - it's wonderful, especially with that coordinating envelope! I hope your grandson likes what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whole set, it's just gorgeous! Adding Leo's picture to the back of the heart was a great idea! I was chuckling while reading your description, though I don't think that's the reaction you'll get from your grandson :) I can't wait to see your DH's Valentine. I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay first off your card is absolutely adorable and really pretty amazing too! That's a cute picture! And now I'm trying to figure out if you would seriously make these for his whole class or are you being very funny here. I'm thinking the latter? Especially after his reaction?? Which was too cute! Anyway, it's fabulous, and the envelope is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all in the presentation..And it looks like you got that covered!! Outstanding project...his Teacher will adore it:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, your "personalized " spinner is dynamite and definitely fits the description you gave to Leo. What a cutie he is! I'm sure they love you taunting them. Your Valentine pocket finishes it off beautifully. Always love reading your creative blog posts and appreciate your sweet comments. This morning you totally surprised me about my PTI win...so glad I stayed up late to finish and enter! Hugs! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well these are all FANTASTIC! I adore Kraft and Red and White, so pretty! Love that Leo Face lol Super cute, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is so fabulous! Love the spinner and love the pocket envelope too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, Diana -can you say ADORABLE!! That is so sweet - just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, now I think you should make 4 more, with your smoochie mug on one side, one for each of the littles.

    Adorable and superbly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome and that you would even consider making a whole bunch of these is amazing Diana! lol Love your cute story! Boys! what characters!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.