Tuesday, 28 February 2017

A Study: Coloured Pencils on Kraft

Playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday where Melissa is up, encouraging us to use our coloured pencils on Kraft card. And yes, I went there. :)

Coloured Pencils on Kraft - Study Number 1



These are, quite simply, all the coloured pencils I own, in one photo together. Thank goodness for the souvenir box from a restaurant in Brussels.

Coloured Pencils on Kraft - Study Number 2


Over the weekend I attempted making some tags and cards for kids. This was one essay, which I found on the top of File 13 yesterday morning. Who knew that it would fit Make It Monday so perfectly! PTI die Pencil Me In; PTI Kraft, Dark Indigo, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Fine Linen card.

Coloured Pencils on Kraft - Study Number 3


For this one, I actually coloured an image, Mehndi Medallion from PTI. I stamped on PTI Classic Kraft card, in both black ink and Versamark, and then embossed with clear powder before colouring with my coloured pencils.

To quote one of my favourite cardmakers,  Joan B, "MOOD WHEN DONE"=meh. LOL.

16 comments:

  1. Love your card! Beautifully coloured medallion! (Whose is the "Believe" die and quote?!). Your "Coloured Pencils on kraft" #1 made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, you make me chuckle with your creative blog posts every. single. time. WOW, I'm really impressed with your colored Medallion on Kraft with a white overlay. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Mehndi, never seen it done better! colored pencils on kraft? A-dor-a-ble! Love you and your wit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloured medallion is amazing. I had a good chuckle with the coloured pencils on kraft tag! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card! I never think to colour that image in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I thought you didn't have ANY colored pencils! TeeHee! Love your Mendhi Medallion card! Very prettified!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say I agree 100% with Kathryn. You made a tag to fit exactly the challenge! Another TeeHee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how FUN!! Love all your creations. Your Mendhi Medallion is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Diana....I love coming to your site and getting a good chuckle! You have a wonderful sense of humor!! And I LOVE all your photo's!!! And while you may not have been overly thrilled with your card outcome, I think your Mehndi Medallion turned out BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how fun that is worked for MIM! Gorgeous card and colors with the white base!I don't have many pencils either, the ones I do have are the kind you watercolor. Love that pencil tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great stamp selection for this challenge! And what a beautiful card - love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, you crack me up! What a fun post. Love the first photo. I love how the pretty colored pencils pop against the kraft. Your card is simply gorgeous! Fabulous coloring and design. And, the blue die-cut sentiment is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. I love the medallion - it just pops off the card. Love the colors - love everything. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana, your Mehndi is beautifully colored!
    AND, those colored pencils on kraft are just, well...perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and terrific coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.