Sunday, 5 February 2017

How to pretend it isn't snowing



Despite the light snow falling outside my window, and the damp and the cold, I managed to think happy thoughts and came up with this card for the latest CAS(E) this sketch challenge, where Michele Ferguson is tempting us to play with one of her fun, and I immediately thought sunny, sketches.

Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 110. Stamps/Dies: Neat and Tangled Floral Heart. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold; Tim Holtz Distress Wild Honey. Other: Copics, Prismacolors
Is it bright enough for you, LOL? I really love yellow, but I rarely use it on cards and I have no idea why. I did some ink blending on my background, splattered with some water and added some sequins. Then called it a day. Thanks for looking; I'll be hopping around now that I've finished my entry.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Diana! I love the yellow! Fabulous take on the sketch!
    By the way, it's snowing here, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Diana! Love the gorgeous wreath! The inky background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm not even going to tell you how warm it was here today... but your card is SO adorable!! I love the yellow background! I don't use it very often either, but your card is very inspiring! Such a pretty wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. And I rarely use yellow...except for candy corn! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Diana! I don't like yellow but I love it here on your card! One of our granddaughter's LOVES yellow and I mean loves it! crazee. She doesn't color skin yellow anymore though, I had to get a bit bossy and say no to yellow skin when card making! lol Now she's a great colorer! lol Snow and cold here but supposed to get back up in the 50's by the weekend! CRAZEE! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looooove this card!!! That yellow is so striking and it really does make you forget that there's snow falling. That wreath pops on that background.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.