Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Papertrey Ink The Past, Present & Future

Celebrating with Papertrey Ink on their 10th year anniversary with a few cards. I'm late and I know it, but sometimes life is just like that. I still wanted to share. :) You can read all about the challenges, which are now closed, in the above link.

2007 was definitely the year I had the hardest time with. I don't own any PTI sets from their first year in business and I just couldn't get a card made that I liked. I first went with this one, gathering inspiration from the one made with Green Thumb by customer Kelly S. because I love how she used Gelatos ...


I used Petite Pots, the 2015 anniversary set for mine, but thought it looked too babyish, so instead I tried to CASE the very striking blue and green beauty that Laurie Schmidlin had made for The Present using the Text Boxed set. I used Brushed Backgrounds and Painted Petals for this one ...


But decided I didn't like this one anymore than the first (babyish) one that I had made. Yes, I was having lots of doubts the first three days of cardmaking for the anniversary celebrations, LOL. So I made another one, and stopped with it ...


I used some totally yummy Dark Indigo cardstock for the first time ever and just stamped some of my very favourite PTI leaves (Friendly Flowers and Embellished Elegance) on Vintage Cream card. The sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Get Well.

The next one I made was for the 2008 challenge. Again, I don't own any of the featured stamp sets, but I was inspired by Melissa's lovely for The Present, using the Flower Garden stamp set, and made this ...


I followed her lead and double embossed my outline images of the Vintage Linen flowers. Did a little bit of painting with PTI reinkers and used some oh so pretty dies from the Noted collection. I also got somewhat nostalgic and inked/sponged the edges of my Vintage Cream layers.

This next one was made for the 2009 challenge. Again, I don't own any of the featured sets so instead I used an image from Round Repeats to CASE the lovely B/W card that Laurie Schmidlin created for The Present using Giga Guidelines. I think this was the first time in my life that I ever successfully stamped a full background on the first try. I was shocked! I used some Luxe Gold cardstock to mat the background.


This next one is for the 2010 challenge. Again, I don't own any of the highlighted sets, so instead I chose to be inspired by Betsy's clustered hands card using Love Lives Here. I did use a set from 2010 for this one - the Butterfly from the Signature Series, along with the Butterfly Pop-Ups Mini Market kit from 2016.


We're now heading into the year 2011 and I used my little Winter Penguin set to make my card. I was so influenced by Heather's card for The Present! I never ever thought of using multiple penguins on a card. Really! When I saw hers, I knew I had to ...


I stencilled the background using a stencil from the Post & Parcel kit and then sprayed the entire layer with adhesive and glittered it all over. I declare it to be a perfect winter birthday card for one of my littles! P.S. I had already made this card, but not posted of course, when I saw that another entrant used this exact same layout!!! I was going to make a do-over but decided not to.

Next up is something for 2012. I do own a couple of the highlighted sets and chose to work with Embroidered Blooms ...


I stamped the leaf detail from that set in Aqua Mist and then embossed it with Versamark and white detail embossing powder. A bit of ink blending in the background, a rose from the Sweet Life and a sentiment from Swan'sational finished it up.

For 2013, I picked the Pedal Pushers set and made two identical cards while all my things were out, mostly because I couldn't decide whether to stamp three or two Eiffel towers LOL.



There are definitely some cards I like better than others from this challenge. And I wish my camera was behaving but it absolutely hasn't been lately. :( And, in case you noticed, I'm missing three years 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm going to try and do one for each of those years and add to this post, just for my own personal satisfaction and sense of accomplishment. In the meantime, thanks for the visit!

5 comments:

  1. Great job using what you have Diana! My FAVES are the Parisian Bicycles:)) Such happy movement with the angle! Just glad I don't have to peddle to the top of that hill:) Looking forward to seeing your remaining creations for the challenge...I completely understand the need for closure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana!! Amazing what you have made!!

    Love them all, especially your soft Petite Pots (reminds me of Melissa's MIM where she also used gelatos), your Pedal Pushers and your Garden Grace cards.

    Such fun, every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful selection of cards! The Pedal Pusher cards and that cute stack of penguins are my faves. I managed to get six cards done before the links ended. I think I'll finish the remaining four years and post them anyway like you. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW, Diana, you are simply amazing! I love all your beautiful cards. Each one makes me smile. So many lovely details to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for this amazing post with so many INCREDIBLE cards. I love each and every one....and the amazing artistry in the other cards I saw as I explored your other blog posts! So glad to have found you on Instagram! You INSPIRE!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.