Thursday, 2 February 2017

The Missing Files

This week, over at Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge, Lexi Daly is showing us how to mix up patterned papers by creating cards featuring patterned die cut silhouettes.

Her style is pretty uniquely her own and I love everything she does. I tried to channel my inner Lexi for this as patterned paper is not my strong suit. I very rarely include patterned papers on my cards. Even when I was scrapbooking, I just used snippets here and there - the rest was all photos, journaling and plenty of white space. I hurt my brain trying to think up a card. This is what I came up with ...

Paper: PTI Classic Kraft and Pure Poppy card, various PTI patterned papers; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb. card. Stamps: PTI Keep It Simple: Missing You. Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies: PTI Bubble Talk, Edgers #5.


Very simple, so it would be over quickly and I could move on. Hahaha. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

17 comments:

  1. It is cute! I love patterned paper and use it on almost all of my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diana, you're too good an artist to have any trouble with any challenge! This is a typical 'Diana beauty',
    especially because of the patterns. Love the whole file on a card look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speech bubbles! You're such a clever smartie pants! That's a compliment ;). I feel your pain about using patterned paper, but this is such a cute card! Love the file folder look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether you had trouble or not...your card is terrific. What a great idea to use speech bubbles! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rainbow, yellow, red and pink - all my faves!! i love love love it! thanks for playing make it monday! i hope your brain is feeling better... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE card! You should use patterned paper more often. It helps a LOT when you need to make a lot of cards quickly!
    I need to skedaddle to my room and make something. I delivered 165 packages of 4 cards to the woman's conference for sale! Also some Valentines postal boxes, pillow boxes and cocoa and chicken noodle soup folders...pattern paper is my savior!!!
    Your cards are always FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Diana...you crack me up! DSP is not always my go to either...once in a while is fine, but the sooner it's done and over with are my feelings too! However, that being said, I really do like what you came up with, and it least it doesn't hurt your eyes to look at like mine does! Cute, cute card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card, Diana! Love the pretty mix of pp and colors you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pretty card Diana, and your fun blog post name:) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana your choice of papers and card design are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana--this is so very brilliant. Love the speech bubbles and faux folder. I'm going to try this. Anyhow, wouldn't it be fun if we all spoke pretty colors and patterns instead of some of the things I am seeing on TV these days?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha very quickly.....that's funny! That's how I feel about NOT using Designer Paper! This is clever and cute. Love your design! Hope you got some rest after this.....lol xo~

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fresh, modern card!! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can not tell that this card was hard for you! it's so sweet, wonderful job!
    I too enjoy white space =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling, cute idea! So creative, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card!! Love the patterns and the speech bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missing files!!! You are so clever! And you came up with a great design, as always!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.