Tuesday, 7 March 2017

PTI 10th Anniversary: Day 2 Packaging Inspiration

I'm just loving everything about Papertrey Ink's new format for monthly inspiration and for this year's anniversary celebrations. It's new and modern and definitely gorgeous. Day 2's post brings us guest blogger, Rebecca Luminarias, their new Packaging Ambassador. I happen to adore and love gift packaging with all of my heart. I already know that Rebecca is going to be a major enabler for me, LOL, but I'm really looking forward to her monthly column. The beauty she shares at Thurston Post is trendy and eye candy extraordinaire.

All that said, from reading her fun post, I gather that I wrap gifts much more simply than she does. In fact, I think I'm very much like her Grandma Peg was - plain paper and simple ribbon. But I'm excited to go further ...




Even though I'm not in need of gift packaging at the moment, I wrapped up an empty little box (which works better than great big boxes, wink, wink) in Ikea white ribbed wrapping paper. Love this new-to-me paper, it feels soft like fabric. Then I folded up some pink crêpe paper and added some crushed velvet ribbon trim to make a tutu skirt to wrap around the box. I piled on some skinny tags (using PTI stamp sets Swan'sational and Shakers & Sprinkles; LOVED Rebecca's word tags!) and finished with a Melissa Frances resin ornament that I painted with Plaid gold Liquid Leaf.

This literally took me all of 10 minutes, definitely not more, to make. It's really not all that time consuming to make a gift look extra special. Thanks, Rebecca, for all the gorgeous photos. Can't wait to see some of your special fringed items, hint, hint. :)

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little package, Diana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana!! That is a lovely little package!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY!!! This is right up your alley!!!
    You are packaging extraordinaire!!!
    LOVE this one!
    XOXOXO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed!! 10 minute really?? That is amazing, and so very pretty! You definitely need to put something in that box and give it to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, girl. 10 minutes, seriously? You have some major bling going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This took 10 minutes?! You are a master. I don't believe this "simple" wrapping comment you made. I know everything you do is extraordinary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, Diana, this is simply gorgeous!
    I love EVERYTHING about it!
    You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gorgeous, Diana! Just love this look of vintage vs modern in the same package... so elegant and girly!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.