Wednesday, 8 March 2017

PTI 10th Anniversary: Day 3 Altered Envelope

Day 3, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, brought us guest blogger Lexi Daly who has taken on the role of Planner Ambassador for this year. She'll be sharing tips monthly and, even though I don't use a planner, I just know I'll be inspired by her fun style.

The challenge for us on this day was to make a card with a coordinating envelope - and to get it out in the mail, which we all know can be the biggest challenge. :) My daughter's birthday is in April so I made up a card and fancy envelope for her, which I will mail out to her at the right moment. Even though I see her at least once a week, I still think it's fun to send her out some happy mail once in a while.


A very simple card. I love white on white and always will. PTI supplies include Stamper's Select White and Fresh Snow Linen card, Keep It Simple: Birthday and Life is Beautiful (stamps and dies).


The first thing I did to make my envelope special was to use my PTI envelope liner die to cut a shimmery gold one to match the backside of my butterfly.


And then I addressed my envelope on my computer and printed it out with my laser printer so that I could foil her name in a matching rose gold. After that worked out (yay!) I simply stamped some Life is Beautiful butterflies in black on the side and bottom edges of the envie. Super simple, but super special. Now I just have to remember to do it more often. :)

10 comments:

  1. Gah! Absolutely beautiful. Life is Beautiful, especially that butterfly, is one of my faves! That rose gold is scrumptious, truly scrumptious! Karina will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Your envelope is stunning. You have that foiling down to an art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo very beautiful Diana!
    Elegant sophistication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...incredibly beautiful Diana!! I love the simplicity of the card...CAS perfection! And the envelope is FABULOUS! I love how you addressed it with the fancy script on your computer...I need to learn how to do that! LOVE the gold and black color theme too...so elegant! Your daughter is going to love this!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely, Diana! Quite striking in white, gold and black! How nice to know you have your daughter's card and envelope all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely!! I MUST try this white on white--it's so clean and refreshing. Mind you, I don't have your sense of balance in doing layouts, so my card would probably look boring, whereas yours is beautiful! Love the gold in the envelope, too. Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Diana! What is that stitched die you used along the side??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning ensemble! And just when I thought my wish list wasn't too big for tonight...you've made me want to add a few things to it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.