Thursday, 9 March 2017

PTI 10th Anniversary: Day 4 Photo Finish


Day 4 of Papertrey Ink's anniversary celebrations brought us the Traveler's Journal Ambassador, Heather Nichols. This is a very timely new feature for me because I've recently started journaling my life's voyage (ack! too dramatic sounding) again. I'm enjoying it as a creative outlet - I'm  not using very many photos, more words and more trying new techniques, etc.

For today's challenge I decided to make a traditional scrapbook layout, something I haven't done in forever. I just happened to have some photos on my camera from Monday spent with a couple of my grandsons ...

You can click on the photo if you want to try to read some of the journaling. :)
Yup, that's Léo and Émérik, complete with hockey puck pocks. PTI products used include the Make It Market Mini kit: Color Pop Florals, Shakers & Sprinkles stamp set and the Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket #3 die.

And hockey continues ... we'll be leaving tomorrow morning for a long weekend in Québec city (not a chore by any means; one of my favourite places in North America for sure) for yet another hockey tournament. This is Léo's first away-from-home sporting event, and we'll be there cheering him on! But at the same time we'll be missing Émé's league playoffs here at home :(. His team finished the season in first place and he's definitely one of the stars. Lots of choices have to be made when you're a nana. Can you tell I'm proud of them?!!

11 comments:

  1. Ok your photo post is better than mine... a LOT better!
    Those boys are ADORABLE! And I love the hockey puck pock!!! HaHa.
    Enjoy every moment. As you know, they pass way too quickly!!!
    Beautiful journal post...Malik was cute, too!!! Especially on the Scalloped Quilt tag!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and post! Love the clean-looking layout and color choices. Cute photo of your wonderful grandkids! Did I tell you that Amber just turned 11 in Feb., as well as your Emerik? Have fun in Quebec City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, what you have created here is exactly the quiet style and low volume that I am working on for my son's book. I love your photo, your journaling, your lovely pocket for interaction and all the PTI colors and elements.
    I love that you are a nana.
    Thank you for the inspiration!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wonderful page. Your humor and love of your grands shows up big time!

    You love hockey....Suze and I love basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout page and post Diana! And definitely no problem being a proud Nana...I'm one myself! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You're making me miss scrapbooking, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is beautifully designed and written. The subtle colors make the journaling the focus for a proud Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a completely lovely layout! wow. I think someone else commented that you are making them miss scrapbooking and that is how I felt too when I saw your page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so wonderful! It makes me want to do better about documenting our memories. I used to make lots of scrapbook pages...almost all before I had children, so my neices have scrapbooks, but my children don't. You have given me added drive to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, you ROCK! This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.