Tuesday, 14 March 2017

PTI March 2017 Release: Day 5 Transformation

I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Day 5 challenge for the March 2017 release, which is all about transformation. We're being asked to create a new project based on improving a card we were not happy with. I have plenty of these to choose from, so this challenge was not a problem for me. :) In fact, I chose one that was in the reject pile from a creative session I had just yesterday. I was trying to make a card for their Day 3 challenge, which is to make a project with your all-time favourite floral set, but I hadn't quite managed to come up with one that I really loved.

Rosie-Posie is my favourite all-time floral set and this is the card I rejected yesterday ...

 
I'm trying to make more one layer cards this year, but I'm really having a hard time. I just never like the finished projects. So for today's card, I tweaked my design and added in some florals from my very close second favourite set, Tulip Time ...


and that added dimension just makes all the difference, IMHO, and I'm much happier with this one.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Fabulous remake of your 1st card. So pretty and like the lighter background of Rosie Posies.

Corinna said...

``What more can I say than STUNNING!!! I love the background and the entire card just oozes class and sophistication!

Kelly said...

Diana, I actually really like both versions of your card but, yes, your new and improved version is spectacular!

Kelly S. said...

Ack that is a spectacular card! I LOVE how you paired the Rosie Posie background in grey with the tulips, so unique and beautiful! Makes the colors POP even more!

merryf said...

OOOOH! That is gorgeous! RP in the background in gray makes all the difference! wow!

Kathryn A said...

I like both cards, but the gray flowers in the second card really make the tulips and sentiment stand out! Great idea!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous!!!! I like the idea of combining two different flower stamps like you did it. Got to try that! Love your card!

Sharon said...

Beautiful, Diana!

Luvpurple said...

Both cards are quite lovely.

Cindy Boney said...

Gorgeous transformation, Diana!! Love how you stamped your Rosie Posie florals in the background with the colorful tulips on top! Brilliant!!

Lindsey said...

Diana, I absolutely would not have put that first one in the trash. I think it is pretty, but I must say that the way you revamped it took my breath away. The way the tulips just pop out above your grey flowers is just gorgeous. Sigh...this is so beautiful!

Lindsey said...

PS What grey did you use?

Martha Green said...

Being fond of the colors you used, I like yesterday's card. Except for the empty space on the upper right. You filled that on today's card so why not go back and fill it on yesterday's. :)

Marybeth said...

Diana,I love the idea of more one layered cards too! Back to stamping! Wow both of these ar gorgeous!!! Love the tulips 🌷! Thanks so much for leaving a sweet comment over at WPLUS9,your support means a lot to me!