Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Herringbone

I'm playing along with this week's CASE(E) this sketch! #216, and I'm last minute. Again. I found the current sketch to be particularly challenging ...


I try not to look at the designers' takes, or the gallery, until after I've finished making my card. And now that I have, I think I could have done better. But it is what it is, and here's my card ...


Very simple, very white, LOL. Like lots of my cards. :) I started off by embossing my card panel with PTI's Herringbone Impression Plate, which gives a very subtle effect (see close up below) but in real life it still provides some lovely texture.


Then I added some random negative cuts from the SSS Chevron Full Pattern cutting plate to add more interest to my all white background. My greeting consists of a Neat & Tangled word die cut and Memory Box letter die cuts (to form the word "you", cut from some foil cardstock). A little sprig of flowers, mounted with 3D foam tape, finishes things up.

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a truly lovely Easter weekend!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I like the pop of color from the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an OUTstanding Take on the inspiration!! It almost creates a heart with the blooms,words, and chevrons...you meant for that I'm sure;) Have a Blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what your "better" version would have been because I absolutely love this one. Clean, white, texture, a bit of vibrant color, mixed fonts...all things I love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Diana! Wonderful take on the sketch! Where are those pretty flowers from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it!
    Fresh , creative and just amazing!
    Thanks for playing at CTS Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I a so late commenting on this one, but I just had to! This is SO amazing! I love all the white with the pop of color from the flower cluster! Very classy looking card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.