Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Patterned Windows

I'm playing along with Dawn this week, over at Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge, and she's having us use patterns behind die-cut windows. This is the card I was inspired to make early this week ...


I said to myself that a very pretty sentiment could be called a graphic pattern. :) I just couldn't wait to use my new PTI Beautiful Berries: Spring set, paired with Tulip Time. It's the reason I bought the berries, to add something fresh to each and every flower set I already own. I'm thinking that they look more like lilacs than berries in this case but that's even better because it's even more springy that way! I used PTI's Alpha-Blocks die to cut a window into the front of my card. I'm saying it's a door :) and that it works well as a new home, welcome to the neighbourhood and/or happy spring card.

But then I thought I could try harder to use a real pattern. So I made another card, but I was still in a typography kind of mood :) ...


and made patterned paper with a sentiment from Concord & 9th. I also used more Beautiful Berries: Spring from PTI, as well as some flowers from the Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals. I used a die from Mama Elephant, Columbus Circle, to cut out a window in my card front.

While I had all my supplies out for this second card, I decided to make another thank you card, this time one that could perhaps be used as a holiday thank you note ...



For this one I used my PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate to emboss a pattern behind my window and added some Beautiful Berries: Spring and Holiday Greens to the front of it.

Thanks for the fun challenge PTI and Dawn! It always gets me making something that I probably wouldn't have otherwise and that's a good thing.

P.S. I'm in love with Dark Indigo cardstock and will probably need to use it on every card from now on. :)

16 comments:

Beth Stiver said...

Wow! They're all so beautiful!

Heidi said...

Great color combos--that dark indigo with the berries is so rich and elegant!

artful-notions said...

Ok, first off, you crack me up! Perfection-ism is a joy to watch. 3 beauties for sure, Diana. Shhh, don't tell the others, but the middle is my favorite. Love how you placed your berries!

Marcia Hill said...

Three absolutely beautiful cards Diana! I love how you paired up Beautiful Berries: Spring with the other flower sets...SO pretty!! Love the graphics behind your windows too! You're always thinking outside the box and I love it!!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Good grief, Diana! Your cards are gorgeous!

Cindy H. said...

Lovely cards, Diana! I struggle to make one card and you've made three. Way to go, Diana!

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

Can creating be more fun or what? Your posts are some of the best to read but the cards shown hang well with them! Really love all the double thinking and your 2nd card!

Kay Miller said...

OH wow! These are all so pretty! You really went to town with this challenge! Trying to decide which is my favorite here. I'm thinking the one in the center because there's that pretty purple flower in there :) Really love them all though!

Tracey McNeely said...

These are all so beautiful Diana!

lainey said...

Lovely trio of cards Diana!

Kathryn A said...

Love all three! You are on a roll, girl!! Love your "door"/window. I am so mad at myself for neglecting to check to see if the Spring Berries branch (whatever the correct name is) was in my cart. I will be receiving the die (if my March order ever gets here)
but the stamp set will have to wait till I order again. Sigh.

PatQ's Cards said...

All of your cards are beautiful!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! I just love your blend of flowers with the Beautiful Berries set! Lovely cards, Diana!

Helen F. said...

Oh my, Diana! you created three gorgeous cards with Dawn's MIM technique. I have to say that I LOVE all three designs for your stamp choices and designs!

Luvpurple said...

Simply gorgeous. I am not sure I can pick a favorite. You are an overachiever and top notch card maker, my sweet friend.

Kathy Mc said...

Diana, you knocked it out of the park with all three cards. Love your door/window with that sweet sentiment and gorgeous flowers adorning it. Your other two are so fun, and now I need to make more. The ideas are flowing. Thanks for the heads up on Dark Indigo. I'll be adding it to my next order.