Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Altenew May 2017 Inspiration Challenge

I've been thinking for weeks about the Altenew May 2017 Inspiration Challenge, but not quite getting anywhere with it. I decided to get serious yesterday and came up with something that I'm not thrilled about, but I'm posting anyways. This was the gorgeous photo, courtesy of May Sukyong Park, that we got to work with ...


I played with the colours and came up with this ...



I used the stunning Peony Bouquet stamp set from Altenew, along with a combination of Altenew and PTI inks. Altenew's Shades of Purple mini cubes are the best purple dye inks anywhere! Love them. The die cut sentiment is from PTI and the woodgrain stencil is from Tim Holtz.

This card is business letter-sized (got the idea from Debby Hughes) and I can't believe how difficult it is to photo this format! Ack! Click on the photo if you'd like to see more details.

Thanks Altenew for an always fun challenge. You got me out of my slump. :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Diana! Beautiful flowers, colors and arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Diana - you are way too tough on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love these colours! Love the dimension of the card to fit a row of flowers, idea!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.